Are you looking for hiking in Sri Lanka? Kabaragala mountain hike is one of the better options. Also, the Kabaragala mountain is popular for camping.
Kabaragala mountain is the highest peak of the Dolosbage mountain range with an altitude of 1500 meters. It has an almost flat terrain similar to that of the Horton Plains. Also, a very large fallout similar to the Word End. It is located in the Sabaragamuwa Province of Sri Lanka.
While walking up to the peak of the Kabaragala mountain, Firstly, we should go through tea estates. That green plantations look so cool to the eye. After that, we see sloping rocks and stairs to climb up the backside of the mountain. When nearly reaching the top of the hill, you can see some high growth trees and the steep view of the Kabarangala. From the peaks of the mountain, you can see down many other mountains and villages for long distances. That scenery is so amazing and exciting to see.
To reach the top of the mountain, you should cross a small forest area and there are leeches. Therefore, it is advisable to wear a shoe to cover the legs. Also, on the way, you can see the beautiful long meadow.
Finally, when you reach the top of the mountain, from there, you can see the attractive view of the nearby mountains. Not only that but also, the spectacular view and foggy for a long distance.
The route to Kabaragala Mountain
Route: Colombo => Ingiriya => Kabaragala
Checklist for Kabaragala Mountain Hike
- Backpack: Recommended Lightweight and waterproof.
- Hiking trousers or shorts: Recommended Lightweight.
- Extra Clothes and Towel: For change after the hike.
- Hiking Shoes: Recommended lightweight and better grips.
- Leech socks: There are some leeches so recommended to bring your leech socks.
- Rain Coat: Protect from rain
- Water bottle: bring drinking water at least 2L.
- Energy food: biscuits, dates, chocolate, and sweets.
- Slippers: You can use it to wear after hiking.